Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hidden Feelings

How do you choose when to confess to someone...
What are you most afraid to hear? 
Will it destroy the friendship? 
I'm afraid, so afraid. 
And it hurts every single day. 
But when I talk to them I pretend everything is okay. 
I don't want to bring up old memories for them, or put them in a dilemma. 
We've never been official, but the feelings were still there. 
The thing is, you chose to take a step back to friendship. 
It hurt me so much, but if it meant you living with one less burden, I was willing to go with it. 
But now, even as friends, I feel as though we're drifting apart. 
I try to maintain this old friendship, but again, it hurts. 
You don't come find me to talk much anymore... 
Having to wait hours for a mere response of a few words... 
It's getting tiring. 
What happens if I tell you it hurts? That I still like you, even after you broke my heart? 
Will you tell me to just go? Leave? Talk to me even less? 
I'm afraid that someone else will take you...even though you're not really mine anymore. 
So scared that it will be too late. Or is it already too late? 
It pains me that I'd do so much for you, but you probably won't do the same for me. 
But I don't know. It's just what my heart says. 
Why do we like to do that? Love someone who doesn't seem like they'll return our feelings? 
Love someone who might not give us a chance? 
What I wonder is, how much will you miss me once I'm gone... 
I always told you I'm always online...you never had to look far...
I was always here when you needed me...have I been used up...?

No comments:

Post a Comment